“HP Structured Light Scanner is an affordable easy to use 3D scanning system that allows you to scan a range of different sized objects in high resolution. The scan capture speed means that you can scan people as well as inanimate objects. The system comes with everything you need to start scanning (except a computer) and is easy to set-up and use.”
HP (DAVID) Structured Light Scanner
High-precision and high-speed 3D scanning at an unbeatable price: Experience the innovative HP (DAVID) SL scanning system!
The HP (DAVID) SLS-2 scanner employs the innovative Structured Light technology, which allows precise 3D scanning in a matter of seconds. The scanner is mobile and can be placed easily in front of the surface to be scanned. A single click in the well-proven HP (DAVID) software starts the scan – and a few seconds later the digitized 3D model shows up on your screen!
This way you can subsequently scan all sides of the object, and finally combine them to a closed 360° model. The modular hardware setup allows a flexible adaptation to your object – any size from coin to couch is possible! The results can be exported into common 3D file formats (OBJ, STL, PLY) and processed in other applications, e.g. for rapid prototyping, inspection, product presentations, archaeology and cultural heritage, works of art, computer animations, video games… The limits are set only by your imagination!
Contents of package
- Industrial camera with focusable lens
- Video projector with special lens for large focus range
- USB drive with HP (DAVID) Laserscanner Pro Edition 3 software (licensed)
- Aluminium mounting rack with flexible configuration options
- Tripod for stable setup
- Calibration panels (different sizes) for multiple scan volumes
- All required cables
- Printed “Getting Started” guide
- Standard PC (Windows XP, Vista or 7 – 32 or 64 bit)
- Two available USB ports
- Recommended: 2 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 3D graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon)
|Scan size||60-500 mm|
|Resolution/Precision||Up to 1% of scan size (down to .06 mm)|
|Scanning time||One single scan within a few seconds|
|Mesh density||Up to 1,200,000 vertices per scan|
|Export formats||OBJ, STL, PLY|