Geomagic Wrap delivers the industry’s most powerful toolbox to transform 3D scan data and imported files into 3D models for immediate use downstream.
Why Geomagic Wrap?
- Represent physical objects in 3D environments.
- Revolutionize your 3D workflows.
- Accurately and effortlessly build usable 3D data.
03 9687 8638
7A Kent St,
Yarraville, VIC 3013
Send a Message
What is Geomagic Wrap?
Geomagic Wrap® delivers the most affordable, fast, accurate path from point clouds to 3D polygonal and surface models that you can use instantly in downstream engineering, manufacturing, art, industrial design, and more. As part of your 3D digital thread, Geomagic Wrap provides the digital bridge for creating perfect data to use directly in 3D printing, milling, archiving, and other 3D uses.
With advanced exact surfacing tools, Geomagic Wrap delivers powerful, easy-to-use, cutting-edge modeling functions for that flawless 3D model. Scripting and macros also automate functions for repetitive tasks during the reverse-engineering process.
Geomagic Wrap enables you to transform point cloud data, probe data, and imported 3D formats like STL and OBJ into 3D polygon meshes for use in manufacturing, analysis, design, entertainment, and archeology.
What Can You Do with Geomagic Wrap?
Geomagic Wrap enables 3D imaging for analysis, animation, and filmmaking.
- Rapidly create perfect, watertight 3D models of physical objects from 3D scan data and use them to perform advanced functions such as finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). Visual effects artists and animators can use these 3D models in Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk 3ds Max®, and other 3D computer animation software.
- Archaeologists use the power of 3D in Geomagic Wrap to archive and analyze petroglyphs and ancient markings, which you often cannot detect with the naked eye. With its direct 3D print capabilities, students and museum visitors can experience an ancient artifact without actually touching it.
- Artists and sculptors use Geomagic Wrap to represent physical objects in 3D design environments, delivering watertight 3D data in a wide range of industry-standard formats. Create perfect works of art and scale sculptures. Archive and restore fragile or eroded artifacts with the help of 3D.
Geomagic Wrap supports all major scanners and portable CRMs seamlessly. Read our 3D scanning guide to find out what types of scanners can work for your needs.
Use Geomagic Wrap with Geomagic Control X™ 3D inspection and metrology software and Geomagic Design X™ reverse-engineering software for a complete, scan-based design and inspection package.
What’s New in Geomagic Wrap?
Accelerate design and enable a faster time to market with the new capabilities and enhancements in Geomagic Wrap 2021:
- New script editor and enhanced documentation for easy-to-learn and -use Python® automation
- Enhanced macro documentation to speed up your everyday workflows
- New and enhanced texture manipulation tools to streamline color and texture workflows
- New surface-checking tools provide surface investigation methods for meshes
- New mesh construction method to use on patchy and long-range data
How Can You Buy Geomagic Wrap?
Geomagic Wrap is available as a standalone software license or bundled software license package:
- Geomagic Wrap standalone license: Geomagic Wrap with first-year software maintenance
- Geomagic Enterprise Suite: Geomagic Control X, Geomagic Design X, and Geomagic Wrap with first-year software maintenance
Geomagic Wrap® Features
Geomagic Wrap’s comprehensive toolbox of point cloud and polygon editing features, plus powerful surfacing tools, help you create high-quality 3D models faster.
Execute custom scripts and macros and customize your workflow for unique applications with the scripting editor, which includes features for in-app scripting and macro creation and editing.
- Add connections to custom or proprietary functionality.
- Create additional calculations on Geomagic Wrap models that are not part of the standard Geomagic Wrap offerings.
- Automate repetitive operations in the application.
- Add dialog boxes to run your scripts or add custom functionality to your application.
- Extend the scripting environment by importing third-party libraries.
- Create custom ribbon workflows using icons to launch scripts.
- Take advantage of features like integrated IntelliSense™, contextual highlighting, collapsible text blocks, and 90+ more.
- Access help and documentation through the output window for writing and creating macros.
- Access API documentation in Geomagic Wrap or on the 3D Systems customer support center.
Geomagic Wrap supports the Python® scripting language.
Inspection and Analysis Tools
Measure and compare objects:
- Manage deviation and curvature spectrums and generate three dimensional, color-coded mappings that compare objects.
- Measure distance, volume, center of gravity, and area.
Easily tune, verify, and check processes with analysis capabilities that help retain 3D comparison models between objects.
- Use annotations on comparisons to investigate model areas further.
- Reference previous 3D comparisons as you work on models with the existing 3D comparison in the model manager.
Texture Mapping Tools
Texture manipulation tools streamline workflows involving color and texture. Create higher-quality, more logical texture maps for improved downstream usability.
- Define the UV layout of a region with UV texture map creation and streamlined texture workflows.
- Control custom texture groupings on a model.
Direct Scanner Control
HD Mesh Construction
Construct polygon objects from point clouds—which is often a particularly challenging operation for scans that are missing information or are time intensive with large data sets—and create watertight meshes faster.
Use automated macros for scan processing and enhanced macro documentation to speed up your everyday workflows. Use macros to record, manipulate, and replay sequences of actions.
Macros are useful to:
- Process jobs when computer resources are less busy.
- Avoid idling computing resources with minute-by-minute intervention and supervision.
- Share optimized processing with others.
- Maximize computing resources, which helps amortize the cost of the machine.
Exact Surfacing Tools
3D File Export
Reference Geometry Tools
3D File Import
Geomagic 3D Design Solutions
Want To Know More?
Our team of 3D design professionals are just an email or a phone call away.
03 9687 8638
7A Kent St,
Yarraville, VIC 3013